Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Feeling lucky... hit more Calvin and Hobbes....

  • Calvin: Want to play a great game I invented? It's called 'Gross Out'. You say the grossiest thing you can imagine, and then I try to think of something even grosser. Whoever comes up with the grossest thing gets a point, and we play until someone gets 50 points, ok?
    Hobbes: I think I alreay know who's going to win.
    Calvin: It's wierd nobody has ever played a full game with me.
  • Calvin: Oh, like I'm going to learn about bats and THEN write a report? Give me a break!
    Calvin: Bats are bugs.
    Hobbes; All we have is one 'fact' you made up.
    Calvin: Besides, I've got a secret weapon that will GUARANTEE me a good grade! No teacher can resist THIS! A clear plastic binder! Pretty professional looking, eh?
    Hobbes: I don't want co-author credit on this, OK? (Hobbes' statement)
  • Hobbes: Miserable Miscreant! Question my integrity, will you?
    Calvin: I can't question it until I see some EVIDENCE of it!
    You'll never make it till christmas. Give up now and enjoy yourslef. (Hobbes to Calvin on his efforts of being good)
  • Safety check on sled:
    Seat belts? None.
    Signals? None.
    Brakes? None.
    Steering? None.
  • Calvin: See, the box is on its side now. It's a duplicator!
    Hobbes: I can picture the look on your parents' face when they find out they've suddenly had twins.
    Calvin: Brother! you doubting thomases get in the way of more scientific advances with your stupid ethical questions! This is a BRILLIANT idea. Hit the button, will ya?
    Hobbes: I'd hate to be accused of inhibiting scientific progress... here you go. BOINK (Scientific progress goes 'BOINK'?
  • No. 2: Number three, Hi! I'm number two!
    No. 3: Charmed.
  • Hobbes: duplicator is a big success.
    A Duplicate: Are you kidding? It burned out after the fifth one of us!
  • Calvin: Who gets the bed tonite?
    Duplicates: we'll fight you for it.
    Calvin: Geez, you guys! Even I don't get sent to the principal every DAY! You're making me look bad!
    I'm being framed by my own doubles! The worst part is that I don't even have the fun of doing the stuff I'm being blamed for.
  • Bullet Tracer: My buddies travel light and they're fun to have around. One travels in a holster, and the other in a hip flask.
  • Hobbes/Calvin: Truce?
    Calvin/Hobbes: Truce.
  • Calvin: I don't DO math any more. I decided I'm more of a 'visual' person.
    Dad: Good. Visualize being the only 45-year-old in first grade.
  • Dad: The theory of relativity works only if you're going west.
  • Calvin: Oh no! I am in COOTIE CENTRAL. I haven't had my shots.
    Susie: Relax. Stupidity produces antibodies.
  • Calvin: I don't WANT to learn teamwork! I don't WANT to learn about winning and losing! Heck, I don't even want to COMPETE! What's wrong with just having fun by yourself, huh?!
    Dad: when u grow up, it's not allowed.
    Calvin: All the more reason I should do it NOW!
  • Clavin: Hey Hobbes, What's a 'Paper Tiger'?
    Hobbes: Its like a paper boy. You know, a tiger with a newspaper route.
  • Dad: I just KNOW some nurse switched the bassinets.
  • Hobbes: I have a question. Why don't we get younger as we go back in time and disappear as we pass the day we were born?
    Calvin: I'd explain it, but there's a lot of math.
    Hobbes: I thought you got a 'D' in math.

No comments: